Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Derry: Barton and Taarabt together is going to mean fireworks


Shaun Derry
Shaun Derry admits he can't wait to see how Joey Barton and Adel Taarabt react to each other in the coming weeks.
Barton moved to Loftus Road on a free transfer from Newcastle last month and looks set to form an intriguing midfield partnership with temperamental Moroccan Taarabt.
And Derry confesses he will be as fascinated as the rest of us to how things pan out.
The 33-year-old midfielder told QPR Podcast, 'Open All R's': "At times I'm going to buy some popcorn and watch the movie unravel, because I'm sure there's going to be fireworks, like there is in any dressing room.
"A lot of people are going to make so much of this Barton and Taarabt situation, but we're hopeful it can blossom and there's an understanding there.
Derry played a huge part in QPR's promotion last season but admits he may have to relinquish his place in the R's starting line-up to new boy Barton.
"As soon as the season ended last year, Neil Warnock was very honest with me and told me he would be getting more players in my position.
"Joey's come in and, if it's Joey in that position, that's the game. I'm not going to moan about it because I love my job."

Thursday, 25 August 2011

Taarabt faces QPR axe - A Warning from Boss Warnock


ADEL Taarabt has been told to get himself fit or lose his place in QPR’s team. The mercurial Moroccan (pic) was the Championship player of the year last season, and a permanent fixture in Hoops’ starting XI.
But boss Neil Warnock has warned that

Adel Taarabt's in trouble after getting shirty

Adel Taarabt
Trouble in midfield: Adel Taarabt, pictured,
playing for QPR before storming off after tossing
away his shirt following his team's Carling Cup defeat
Adel Taarabt seems certain to be on a collision course with managerNeil Warnock after his dreadful display of petulance capped an awful night for Queens Park Rangers as they slipped out of theCarling Cup to Rochdale.
Rochdale's Nicky Adams approached Taarabt to swap shirts only for theMoroccan to rip off his top, turn away and toss it behind him before stalking off.
Warnock then conducted a bizarre press conference, where he praised the midfielder - courted all summer by Paris St-Germain - and said he needed to improve his match sharpness.
The Rangers manager said, surely with tongue fixed firmly in cheek: "I was really pleased with

Thursday, 28 July 2011

ORR: 'TARBS IS SUPER-TALENTED'

Bradley Orr believes Rangers will reap the rewards of the news that Adel Taarabt is staying at the Club.

The R's skipper made his first bow of pre-season in our 1-0 defeat to Cesena on Wednesday night and Orr is relishing the chance to play alongside the mercurial Moroccan in the top-flight when the season kicks off in mid-August.
"Adel is super-talented and it was good to see him back out there," Orr told www.qpr.co.uk.
"He's our captain and our

Amichevole estiva - CESENA Queens Park Rangers 1-0 (27-07-11)


Monday, 25 July 2011

Adel Taarabt disappointed over failed transfer move to PSG


Adel Taarabt is disappointed to have seen a proposed move to Paris St-Germain break down.
The Queens Park Rangers playmaker appeared destined to complete a switch to the French capital once PSG made a formal approach.
Discussions were held between the two clubs and Taarabt's representative.
There was, however, to be a twist in the tale, with QPR announcing on Saturday that no agreement had been reached.
They claimed Taarabt would be staying at Loftus Road for the 2010/11 campaign and was fully committed to the Premier League new boys.
The 22 year old sees the matter slightly differently, though, and has aired his frustration at how a lengthy transfer saga has played out.
"I want to go to Paris, but if it is not sorted out this weekend then it won't happen," Taarabt told L'Equipe. "The QPR board are fed up with the situation. This has gone on for two months."
Asked how he feels about having seen a move collapse, Taarabt said: "Of course it is disappointing, because I wanted to come [to Paris St-Germain]. The project interests me a lot.
In England, I will earn more money, but Paris is the capital of France. If I exploded on to the scene there, it could be extraordinary. It felt like fate would take me to PSG. Paris was a great opportunity
Paris St-Germain are not staying still and are ready to rival Chelsea for the signature of Palermo playmaker Javier Pastore.
Maurizio Zamparini, the president of the Sicilian club, has told Italian television that PSG are contenders along with Chelsea for the 22 year old's services.
The Parisians, recently taken over by the Qatar Investment Authority, have emerged as big-hitters in the transfer market this summer and Zamparini said it is between them and Chelsea for the Argentina international.
"[PSG sporting director] Leonardo called me and told me he was very interested in Pastore," Zamparini said on SkySport 24.
"On Tuesday, we have a meeting with his agent. PSG and Chelsea are the two teams in the lead on this issue. There are one or two opportunities in Spain, but either way, he will not stay in Italy."
Pastore was instrumental as Palermo finished eighth in Serie A last season and reached the final of the Coppa Italia, in which they lost to Inter Milan. 


Saturday, 23 July 2011

Adel Taarabt will not be sold in this transfer window, QPR confirm

Adel Taarabt QPR Paris St-Germain
Adel Taarabt, right, will remain at Loftus Road this summer, QPR have confirmed. Photograph: Rebecca Naden/PA Wire/Press Association Images

The QPR majority shareholders Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore have confirmed that their captain Adel Taarabt will not leave the club during the summer transfer window.
The 22-year-old playmaker was a key figure in